Thursday, December 31, 2015

The New Year 2016


December 31, 2015

Suddenly with just one day left in the year 2015 I feel a need to write something. I'm missing all of you. That is I'm missing all of you, friends, and family, no matter how far or near. While I'm staying in Bassfield, it's with my surrogate (I hate qualifying that) "Aunt" and for most of the time my "Mother/Totally Best Friend/Guardian Angel". The house has been open to me for my use for as long as I need. In this situation, even I can find the ability to save gobs of cash for a move West. I'll admit though I lay in bed at night and even during daytime naps wondering if I am doing the right thing! Yes, I admit it. I have doubts about this crazy idea to move back out to New Mexico. I don't doubt that I'll enjoy myself and have a boatload of fun adventures. I guess I'm questioning whether moving there is the $100,000. answer to me being happy. Now, don't start rolling your eyes! Most all of us have questioned major decisions in our lives. That includes big moves. But I'll admit I have a knack for making major moves better that anyone I know. There are however one or two of you who've moved quite a bit and you're not just the military "Brats" I know! All that being said, another move to me isn't really so surprising. But I totally admit I am weary of moving. If I move West I can fully admit that I'm not planning to ever move back East. Save for a few ashes someday maybe. I'll never admit a regret for the gypsy life I have led. For that I am a very fortunate man! Too many of you have reminded me far too often of my fortunate lifestyle and all the adventures and pleasures I have experienced. I'll admit it's a wealthy life. I'm terribly grateful in that sense. And so the year 2016 rolls even closer. What adventures and fortunes await us all? I can only hope that we all are surprised and swept off our feet in laughter, fun, and of course a myriad of adventures. But let's all keep our hearts and minds open to all of the great and endless possibilities!  


Happy New Year 2016!


~Barry, Wandering Bear